Woolpower Mittens 400 – pine green
The layering principle also applies to your hands – the more layers the better the insulation. When your body gets cold, it reduces the flow of blood to your hands and feet and instead prioritises providing heat to the heart, brain and other critical organs. That’s why you feel the cold first in your hands and feet, even if the rest of your body feels warm.
Mittens 400 are made of a double layer of Ullfrotté Original 400 fabric. They can be worn under a pair of water-repellent gloves as a warming layer nearest your skin.
Wool is nature’s own functional fabric and so far, no man-made fibres have been able to replicate all the unique qualities of wool. If you sweat for example, the garment doesn’t smell bad. What’s more, it keeps you dry as wool can absorb up to 30 per cent of its own weight in moisture without even feeling damp. But if you really get wet, Mittens 400 keep you warm anyway. It’s because of a chemical process within the wool called absorption heat. Ullfrotté Original can be washed at 60 degrees.
• The mittens are made in Östersund, Jämtland, all the way from the yarn to the final packaged product.
• No other man-made fabric has all the great qualities of wool.
• We take our wool from merino sheep that graze in the Argentinian part of Patagonia and Uruguay, and it is mulesing free.
• Wool keeps you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm.
• Wool fibres can absorb up to 30 per cent of their own weight in moisture before even feeling damp.
• Even if the material gets damp it continues to keep you warm anyway.
• Woolpower’s mittens don’t itch and feel soft and comfortable against your skin.
70 % Merino wool
30 % Polyester