Woolpower Balaclava 200 – black
When you’re outdoors in cold weather, it’s just as important to keep your head warm as it is to keep the rest of your body warm. It’s true what they say about the head acting like a chimney where heat escapes even if you are otherwise correctly dressed.
Balaclava 200 is made from Ullfrotté Original 200 fabric. It has an opening that can be adjusted to cover up your whole face apart from your eyes. The lower part of the opening can also be pulled down under your nose or chin. While it keeps you warm, the wool’s unique characteristics also let excess heat out.
Wool is nature’s own functional fabric and so far, no man-made fibres have been able to replicate all the unique qualities of wool. The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat, for example. What’s more, it keeps you dry as the wool can absorb up to 30 per cent of its own weight in moisture without even feeling damp. But if you really get wet, Balaclava 200 keeps you warm anyway. It’s because of a chemical process within the wool called absorption heat. Ullfrotté Original can be washed at 60 degrees.
• The garments are made in Östersund, Jämtland, all the way from the yarn to the final packaged product.
• No other man-made fabric has all the great qualities of wool.
• We take our wool from merino sheep that graze in the Argentinian part of Patagonia and Uruguay, and it is mulesing free.
• Wool keeps you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm.
• The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat. Wool is self-cleaning and breaks down the bad-smelling bacteria from the skin. That’s why it doesn’t need to be washed so often.
• Wool fibres can absorb up to 30 per cent of their own weight in moisture before even feeling damp.
• Even if the material gets damp it continues to keep you warm anyway.
• Woolpower clothes can be washed at 60 degrees.
• Woolpower’s undergarments don’t itch and feel soft and comfortable against your skin.
• Balaclava 200 is elasticated and shapes itself around your head.
60 % Merino wool
25 % Polyester
15 % Polyamide